Thursday, January 3, 2008

I got my room back......

After more than four years, I finally got back control of my room and more important, my bed!

Yes, that's right, the Princess and the Pilot are finally sleeping on their own. The day my parents left, we told the kids that it was time they started to sleep on their own and the Princess was very excited about the whole thing! The Pilot didn't like the idea very much but he really doesn't have a choice - what with his sister and me...

I also put in a new bed sheet for them (from the movie Cars, obviously with the Pilot in mind) and stuck some new stickers (Disney Princesses and Spiderman 3) on the wall directly behind them. I also got them a cork board to put pictures of their favourite things.

All in all, it seems to be going on well, with the Princess being fiercely independent. The Pilot asks me daily if he can sleep with me and failing a positive reply, if I can sleep with him in his room! Well I don't - call me cruel if you will - but I felt that they needed to be independent and so after a story and a kiss, they both go to sleep alone.

I do go to their room many times at night and it is so sweet to see them both hugging each other while sleeping...Aww.......

No comments: