Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Phew!! Finally…..All Ends Well.....

I guess the post heading says it all! We finally got our new home…

After looking high and low for about a month, we finally saw one last property on Saturday (October 03) and as soon as we were out of the place, DH decided this was it! I also liked the place, as did the kids and what sold it to us was the fact at 145 sq m (about 1560 sq feet), it was the largest Executive Apartment we had seen till date.

Then started all the fun! Once we were out, we went back home, got the chequebook and decided to pay them $1000 as a signing amount. Then while our agents were talking, we realized that while my seller (of the new home) wanted to move out only after Chinese New Year (Feb end), my buyer (of my current home) wanted to move in before Chinese New Year. There we were, stuff between these two! After going back and forth the whole day and me praying madly, on Sunday (October 04), this whole issue got resolved and we signed the Option to Purchase.

We also gotten our first appointment with HDB fixed on 19 Jan (my dad’s birthday and so hopefully a good day for us) and so the second appointment should be around 16 March. This will give us only around 10 days to renovate the place as we need to hand over the keys to the new owners on the second appointment.

Here’s my wish list of what I want to get done in the new place. Out of all these, what I will actually get done is to be seen.
  • Make a new room where the dead space is there.
  • Make a vanity and add a shower cubicle to the common toilet and change the toilet bidet.
  • Add some storage space in the master toilet and change the toilet bidet.
  • Replace all the veneers in the built-in furnitures and fixures
  • Put my existing store room storage in the new store room
  • Add ceiling fans in all rooms (hall, dining area, four bedrooms)
  • Change the veneers in the kitchen and redo the drawers. I have not yet seen the drawers in the kitchen, but I want pull out drawers and also make a small pantry.
  • Add some storage shelves in the balcony where I can keep the cleaning and laundry supplies.
  • Buy a new bed and cupboards for the new bedroom
  • Add electrical sockets in the new room.
Here are some pictures of the new place: 



This is the view from the front door. The small patch of green that you see at the very end is where the new guest bedroom is going to be.

This is a view of the Master Bedroom. The bed which is built in is a queen-sized bed. We now have to get used to sleeping in that after years in a King sized bed.

This is going to be the Pilot's room. He has chosen yellow as his room colour.  It does look like a boy's room. I'll try to get a better picture the next time I go to the place.






This is the bedroom that the Princess has chosen for herself. We want the kids to have a say in their rooms, down to the paint colour. She predictably has chosen pink as her room colour.
This space is where we intend to construct a guest room. This space meant that we did not have to sacrifice our dining area to make the guest room.

This is the kitchen with the common toilet just off the entrance. I liked the curved breakfast nook but am not too fond of the veneer colour scheme. If time permits, that's gonna go.




Last, this is the service balcony. I plan to make some storage space in the far wall near the washing machine to store laundry  and cleaning supplies. Maybe something from my current home could go there.

No comments: