Monday, October 29, 2007

Birthdays, Movies and Cakes

Phew! I feel so irritated with myself! When I let go, I really do let go.

Things have changed a lot over the two months or so that I have not blogged anything. For one my helper has gone back to India and my parents are here to help me. Well my mom does almost all the work at home, so the true test of my mettle will only come on December 22 when they head back home!

The Princess and the Pilot also turned four last month and we had a small party at home to celebrate. This was the first year that they enjoyed getting presents and were determined to open each and every one of them before they went to bed that night. As expected, most of the pilot's gifts were mechanical in nature (cars, aeroplanes etc) and the Princess got loads of dolls like Barbie and the paraphernalia that comes with it. Obviously they are extremely thrilled with the presents and we have to restrain them from opening them all at the same time.

I saw two bollywood movies over the last week and I must say I was might impressed with both of them. Sriram Raghavan's 'Johhny Gaddar' and Imtiaz Ali's 'Jab We Met' are movies worth watching atleast once!

Johhny Gaddar is an out and out whodunit, but with a difference - the audience knows who did it, but the other characters in the film don't know. Neil Nitin Mukesh (Mukesh's grandson) plays the title role of Johhny Gaddar and looks pretty similar to Hrithik Roshan. So I am guessing he may be the next heartthrob of the nation. The fact that he is a decent actor also doesnt hurt his status.

Jab We Met is one of those cute movies that you leave the theatre with a smile. The chemistry between Sahid Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor is very good, just too bad about their recent split. I just wish they do work together more. Kareena acted very well in the movie but it was Sahid who was very restrained who will take all the honours. The characters of both the protagnists are so believeable and 'normal' that the movie just flows, especially in the first half. The second half looks like a set of a Rajshri movie, what with all the shaadi and stuff.

Another milestone for me personally is that I finally leart to BAKE!! I am so happy about this as baking (anything related to the oven bascially) was an alien territory for me. But on Friday evening I was suddenly seized by this desire to bake and as soon as I went home, baked this lovely Date Cake from Aayi's Receipes. It's a great and extremely easy receipe and if I as a total rank beginer got it right, then anyone can!

I also baked this yummy Carrot cake from Food, in the Main was the second thing I tried my hand at baking yesterday. It has a very Gajjar Halwa taste and so is very Indian in taste. Different, but extremely yummy! A definite try!

Okay....a long post today. Hopefully I have the same momentum to write atleast two to three posts a week!

No comments: