Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Today is my birthday and I turn...well I wont say it! I just realised that I've not blogged in like...forever. Hopefully this will change...

Invariably my birthday brings to my mind my birthday six years ago. I was heavily pregnant then - around 32 weeks - with my kids and the night before I could not feel their kicks. I waited till morning and called the gynae who told me to get to the hospital asap. Once there they ran tests on me and put me on a fetal monitor. Turned out the kids were probably asleep when I checked on them but with the monitor on, we could tell they were kicking merrily! In fact the nurse had to come and change the position of the monitors a couple of times as they were moving around so much! I was never so scared in my life. They were born two weeks later.

On another note, I am going to start writing more frequently as I blog my way to a new home! Yes we plan to move soon to a bigger home. Our current home was perfect for the two of us and adequate when the ids were babies. Now that they are growing up and will start formal school come January, we feel that this is the perfect time to make the transition. One of the main criteria to the housing agent is to find us a place with a minimum of four bedrooms. We plan to stay in the same area - for school and other enrichment activities. A piece of good news is that our current home has been valued at a price slightly higher than I was expecting. But the flip side to this is that our buying price will also be higher! Ah, well, you can win everywhere! I have loads of plans for the new place. Hopefully all information I've gotten from the design and organization blogs and websites that I have been reading over the years will pay off. I'll post pictures and detail what we've done. But at the moment, that's putting the horse before the cart. We'vce not seen anything yet. I'm praying both the selling as well as the buying goes on smoothly as well as fast. So wish me luck!

Here's a picture for you. This was taken at the Hongkong Disneyland at the start of the fireworks which marks the end of a wonderful day!!

Take care and see you real soon....

No comments: