Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Weekends

Weekends - What does this work evoke in you? For most people, weekends mean lazing around, getting up late and having long afternoon siestas. In our home, weekends are probably the most hurried day. A typical weekend looks something like us....

Saturday - During term time the Piolet and the Princess have Hindi classes from 9 am to 1 pm. This means that mom has to wake up atleast by 6 am so that I have some sense on the day's meals before the mad scramble starts at 7 am when I wake them up. If hubby is around, he will drop the kids to school and I have some time to finish my chores, otherwise I try to complete my cooking and bathe and start the machine before we leave the house at around 8:30 am.

Once I am back from dropping them, I start tackling the week's ironing and then cleaning the house. This keeps me busy till around noon when I have lunch and then go and bring them back.

After they are back and are done with lunch, at this point, there are no more classes till evening, but there was a time not so long ago when we used to go to art classes at 3 pm. Now there is just the Princess's ballet - which should also end in November 2009 as this class is her exam class. Ballet ends around 8 pm when it's time to get home, have dinner and go to bed exhausted.

On Sunday the pace is slightly slower as there is only the Princess's ballet class from 10 am till 10:45 am. Once that is done, we're home for lunch followed by some lazing around. Although this Sunday, we did anything but laze around - I'll talk about it tomorrow.

So what do you do on your weekends?

No comments: