Friday, September 4, 2009

Update on our Home

Here the latest update on our home hunt! I thought that instead of giving an update on a daily basis, I'll do it one or maximum twice a week (if something comes up)

Our housing agent came home yesterday with the Valuation report as well a contract for us to sign. This is an 'Exclusive Contract' meaning that she will be the only person we appoint to market this house. She also said she was willing to co-broke, meaning that she would not just restrict the buyers to her clients, but share the commission with another broker. This will ensure that we get the best rate for our home. Also she is planning to put the selling price above the Valuation price. Here, in Singapore this is called Cash Over Valuation. This is essentially the rate the market forces put on your home based on various factors - like location, floor, decor, renovation etc. We have a superb location in our area - just minutes from the public transport interchanges, the mall which houses a supermarket, library etc. The first viewings should be this Sunday. Gosh, I better clean up the house by then.....Now we also need to start looking at houses to buy so that we can do what is called a 'Contra' deal. This means we sell our current home and at the same time and place, sign the papers to buy a new one. I have so many ideas to do up the place that I am real excited. I also am praying that both the deals get done quickly and we are settled in the new home as soon as possible so that the kids transition to Primary School is as smooth as possible.

I doubt I will be posting over the weekend, but then given my new-found enthusiasm, you never know. So have a great weekend and see you soon. What are your plans for the weekend?

No comments: