Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Kids and Television

I started writing this post yesterday and then didnt have time to complete it so here it is now.

I have been so busy the last few days that I just didn't have any time to write. Then I thought to myself, writing a post will take as little as five minutes if I have something to say (that is) and the entire day if I don't.

I really like watching "The Amazing Race" and try and catch them as soon as they air here. Apparently here they are aired directly via satellite and the first telecast is at 9 am on a Monday morning (just who is their target audience?). There is also an encore telecast in the evening and that's what I catch. On the days that I watch TAR, noone is allowed to see Zee TV (as if anyone other than me is even interested in this channel at my house) and Sun TV. Yesterday Rob and Amber got eliminated. I was sure right at the end Phil would tell them that they came in last, but this was a non-elimination leg. But I was quite surprised to see them leave. I didn't like them at all in Season 7, but this season they seem quite mellow. Anyway, there are loads of spoilers out there. Wonder who would win the race now that these two are out. I liked Uchenna and Joyce from the same season, maybe they would win again? But who knows, since they already won before, maybe this time a team that didn't win before can also win. Lets see over the next 3 months for this.

Speaking of television, right now "Mr. Bean - the animated series" is going on in the Disney Channel and the Pilot is a huge fan of Mr. Bean. Last year when I went to Penang, Malaysia for a conference, I got him the entire series on DVD and boy, was he one happy boy for a long time. The new "Mr. Bean" movie is releasing here by the end of the month and I am planning to take them to see it. Their first movie in a theatre was "Happy Feet", this one will be movie number 2. They also saw both the "Scooby Doo" movies which were aired over the weekend on the terrestrial channel and loved them, although the Princess was a bit scared about the monsters part of it.

Here is something that you should check out. Someone has actually gone through the trouble of drawing the human body from inside out and then anumating it. This person must have spent loads of time on this. Do check this out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that Rob and Amber ultimately got married in a highly publicized ceremony??

In this country they make celebrities out of everybody..... They got married more than 2 years ago and they're STILL famous!!!

RV

Anonymous said...

I also saw a make over show where Uchenna nominated Joyce for a complete beauty makeover!! She looks totally awesome now... nw haircut, clothes, make-up, everything!

Sigh..............If only we had such husbands!!!

Hey! A girl can dream, right?

RV