Friday, March 9, 2007

TGIF.....

TGIF! The week has come to an end and I am so looking forward to two days of rest. But I guess I can't rest much as I have to start to organize and declutter my home in order to prepare a new bedroom for the kids.

Speaking of the kids, they are down at the playground in our apartment complex and I am enjoying the peace and quiet in the house. I haven't had this quiet since before the twins were born and I am really relishing it.

I also have some serious concerns about their second language "Mother Tongue" choice when they need to take when they reach Primary 1. It'll be quite a big post and so I'll keep it for another day. But I would really like you to respond because I keep second-guessing myself.

This morning I wrote something on a board that I visit. The topic was "What was your top five reasons to lose weight". So here are my five in no particular order
  1. To show myself and the other naysayers that I can do it.
  2. To have better self confidence in myself and also project a better self image to others
  3. To live long and healthy without any major diseases and hospitalisation charges
  4. To be a positive role model to my kids. Also I want to be around them for a loong time and see and play with their kids and possibly grandkids.
  5. To be able to just walk into any shop and buy or tryout what catches my fancy without asking if it was available in my size.

So what do you think of these reasons? I decided to put them here also so that I can read them again and again and then it reinforces my motivations.

I have also decided to start seriously looking for a new job and this time I really want to do something interesting and something that I really like. So what is it that I am passionate about? Well I love books - I would happily live in a library or a book store if I could; I also love to write - this blog is proof of that. What else do I like to do? I've realised I like doing research for people, especially over the internet and I like meeting new people. Now I have got to put all these different interests together and see if they make a career. What I don't want to do is to retrain for a new career at this age and start from scratch. I also would like to be in a place where there are no office politics (but I guess I am mature (?) enough to understand that such an utopian state of affairs may never happen....

Oh well, like they say Que Sera Sera.....Let me see what the new week brings to me..

Ciao and have a great rollicking weekend everyone....I'll see you on Monday, if not before that.

No comments: