Tuesday, March 6, 2007

New Room for the kids

It's official now. After their fourth birthday and after four years of co-sleeping with DH and me, the Pilot and the Princess have to start sleeping in their very own room now. It also coincides with the fact that my domestic helper will be going back to India for good.

Now I am faced with the daunting task of transforming my home, which usually has two bedrooms (the master bedroom and the guest bedroom) plus another room where we store all our junk and the kids toys into one with a kids room plus a guest room. I am lucky that I have almost six months to do this. If anyone has any hints they want to give, please do.

Yesterday both of them brought back the work that they did for the past two months in school. Right now they are on the number four and have done the letter S. The teachers have also made them draw lines, slanting, curves etc so that it gets easier to start the actual writing. I have no clue what they are doing in Mandarin as the reports come in the language and it's Greek and Latin to me. I am very seriously thinking of getting them a tutor for them now. Maybe just once a week to start with, and then we can increase the frequency as they move on to K1 and K2. The language debate is material for another post.

I am getting so forgetful these days. When the Pilot and/or the Princess say or do something interesting, I immediately think that I should blog this. Then when I actually get to the computer; 'poof', it's all disappeared! I started blogging since I couldn't be bothered to actually write in a physical diary, but the way things are going, I guess I need a diary or a book to record what I should blog about! Go figure....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL :+) It's funny that we need to "write down" something to "blog" about it. Weren't computers supposed to turn us into a paperless society??

Anonymous said...

hey, the last comment was me... your favorite cousin (if i may say so myself :)) i didnt know if i should put my name or not. I just read your other blogs, and I am so proud of you!!! you write really well.... keep up with the posting