Friday, July 20, 2007

Harry Potter Mania

Tomorrow is the day when the final book of the Harry Potter series called 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' will be released (0701 here in Singapore) and us muggles will finally get to know what really happens?

So this is the perfect time for me to post my views on the latest Harry Potter movie, 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" I read this book nearly four years ago and this book has some meaning for me. I was nearly nine months pregnant with my twins when sometime in August 2003, my gynaecologist put me on an extended bed rest of about 10 days after which I had to go back to work and hand over my duties to the person replacing me and get back to another bout of bedrest before delivery and the start of my maternity leave. Since this bed rest was an enforced one (which meant I had to put up my legs for most of the day, except for some walking around every hour or so to get the circulation in my legs moving), I was pretty worried what I would do the whole day. So just before I went on the bed rest, I got the latest Harry Potter from the library (which I had reserved and just got), thinking it would be good for the next ten days. I should have known better, I finished it in less than two days and spent the next eight days just watching TV!

So on to the movie...the movie was definitely scarier and darker than the previous ones. It is still full of magic and spells, and it was also much better directed and written, with computer animation and special effects that are awesome. I loved the part where Harry, Hermoine, Ron and Neville zoom across the Thames on their broomsticks. Also the ending was awesome for it's special effects. The part where Ron's older twin brothers light up the school before deciding to leave altogether was also fantastic. The tricks that they played added to the lightness and balanced the overall darkness of the movie. The much anticpated kiss between Ron and Cho was also a bit of an anti-climax (atleast to me) and I thought there seemed more than met the eye between Harry and Luna Lovegood. There were also a lot of scenes which showed Harry as a young boy in his first year at Hogwarts and so it was nice to see the sweet and innocent Harry of then versus the more darker and angrier Harry of now.

Here is a link, if you want to see the trailer.

So see ya all you muggles and I just hope I get hold of a copy of the book soon so that I know how it all ends!

No comments: