Friday, February 16, 2007

Bits and Pieces

Hmm, what should I write this warm and nice Friday evening. I know - this post will be about the little bits and pieces that I was thinking of today but didn't think would make a full post.

First - today is my baby sister's birthday! Happy Birthday sweetie. Although she is not little any more - but I always think of her like that! Since she moved away far away, I've been missing her a lot. We just spoke on the phone and this brought back loads of memories. Have a great day sweatheart and a fabulous year ahead!!

We are off to a long weekend ahead! Singapore and parts of Southeast Asia will be celebrating the Chinese New Year from tomorrow onwards. To anyone who does celebrate this and happens to see this post, Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and your family. This year will be the year of the Pig and apparently this pig year is supposed to be very auspicious - something that comes only once in 60 odd years according to some Korean experts. So expect to see a lot of little piglets as the year goes on. Thank God the Princess and the Pilot were not born in some very auspicious year like say the year of the Dragon as that would mean a bumper crop that year and lots of competition when it comes to school admissions. As it is I have nightmares about the ballot process and what would happen if one of them gets in and the other doesnt. More about this in another post.

I better stock up on essentials and groceries today and tomorrow as from about afternoon tomorrow, all shops and services will be closed as people gather for the Reunion Dinner. Then the first two days of the New Year are traditionally for visiting family and friends and we get to some sort of normalcy only from Tuesday onwards. Guess I could go to Little India if I was desperate but the thought of driving there really puts me off. I'd rather just stock-up.

I have nothing else to add (probably a first in my life!), so I'll end this here....

Have a great weekend everyone and see you tomorrow...

3 comments:

By Deepa and Supriya said...

Hello MAA,
Happy Chinese New Year to you..vow that sounded better in my head..seems funny saying it to an Indian :) My SIL who is also in S'pore was excited about the weekend...seems like a fun time!

mommyof2 said...

Happy new year:-)Enjoy:-)

MAA said...

Thanks Orchid. So your SIL is also in Spore, thats great,. There are a lot of Indians here and we sure are enjoying this long weekend.

Mommyof2, thanks. I am really having a good time this weekend - my main activity being sleep!