Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Two Posts in 1 Day??

Am I so free today that I have time to write twice?

Not really! This morning as I was cooking I was thinking about this blog and how there is absolutely no traffic in it and if I was right in concealing mine and my family's identity and not having any personal information and photos in the site? All the mom blogs that I have visited in the past have loads of snaps of the family, of the kids and even the pets. I also pondered if a good blog used photos to personalise it and if photographs made for more traffic to the site.

Then during lunch when I was surfing the web and reading some blogs, I read something that made my decision for me. You can read about it here. Once I read it, I felt totally justified in my decision not to name my family and not to post pictures. I belong to a closed group where I have shared pictures because this group is by invitation only and so I trust them. I also have my personal photos in a password protected website so that family and friends across the world can have access to our pictures.

The internet is a wonderful invention and it has helped us be in touch with all our near and dear ones with the click of a mouse. But let us not forget that this was created and invented by a human being. And like all inventions and creations, what one human being creates for peaceful purposes, will be misused by many other human beings.

No comments: