Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Musings

I finally have my first readers! Well I bit the bullet and told my sister and dad about this blog and they have read it. I was expecting comments, but no such luck.

Last week I finally enrolled the Princess into Ballet Dance Class. She was asking me for these classes for a while but there was no space at the class where I enquired and it was just last week they called back saying that there are slots open for a class which starts in April. So the Princess and her friend who stays close by and who is her age will be ballerinas come April. The class is for a total of 11 weeks, so lets see how long this ballet craze goes on. On another note, the Princess has decided that she will be a doctor when she grows up. I don't know from where she got this in her head, but she has been pretty consistant with this for almost 4-5 months now. On day I casually mentioned to her that her aunt R is also a doctor so now if anyone asks her what she wants to be when she grows up, she immediately pipes out "A doctor like R aunty"

The pilot as it is clear wants to be either a Pilot with SIA or a doctor (this depends on his mood - or whether he is aping his sister or not). He, as most boys would be - is machine crazy. He loves all vehicles - be it planes, cars, buses, trains. Even if the vehicle in question is a cartoon, he will see it and come to me exclaiming about it. One thing for sure, he shares this love for vehicles with his dad and I can forsee the future where father and son will go happily to motor shows and leave us girls at home.

Speaking of girls and boys, nowadays the gender distinction has come to stay in our house. For practically everything they do, it is either a girl thing which boys can't do or a boy thing which girls cant do. For me who believes in equality of the sexes, this is something I just can't let my son or daughter grow up with. So I keep telling them - "no it is not a girl/boy thing, everyone can do it".

1 comment:

mommyof2 said...

Its different in my house.. My son likes girly stuff & my daughter is into trucks & all;-)