Monday, February 19, 2007

Catching up on sleep

I have been so sleep deprived the last few weeks that this weekend all I seem to do is Sleep! Most nights I am asleep by 10 pm and then wake up only after a good 8-9 hour sleep. Then there are the afternoon naps that I do with the kids which last for another 1-2 hours. Looks like I will be giving Kumbhakaran (for those who don't know, this is a mythological figure who was supposed to sleep for days together) some run for his money.

I guess my sleep bank is severely depleted and this is one way for my body to catch up. I usually am up by 4 am daily Monday to Friday so that I can cook and then also put in atleast 45 minutes of exercise daily. So my daily sleep quota is only some 5.5 to 6 hours daily. I usually need 7-8 hours of sleep everyday and thus my account is severly overdrawn.

The kids had a lovely time at the picnic yesterday. I forgot to take my camera along, so I don't have any pictures of it. The rain did play havoc but this was also fun. The place was pretty deserted with just us (around 16 adults and some 8 kids) and some serious joggers. So we pretty much had the entire park to ourselves. There were some 2-3 kids their age and they all played together, got wet and generally had loads of fun. For a change the guys were in charge of food and we girls just sat there chatting. We are going to do this again - this time on Holi - and play with colours also. I am so looking forward to it.

I have to now check bawarchi for some interesting receipes; my inlaws and SIL are coming for lunch tomorrow - she is just back after the wedding, so it'll have to be good...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your experience

Anonymous said...

Well hey there's Holi coming up real soon...and it's truly a great thing to celebrate...and hey to enjoy some of the spirit and fun just hop over to my blog on Holi Greetings and enjoy all that i've posted there!!!